Visit the Teen eReading Room and use your library card to check out eBooks!
Download eBooks from your home computer or mobile device. Most materials have a 14-day lending period.
The GoodCall Scholarship Search Engine is one of the largest databases of scholarships on the web and unlike other scholarship websites, the GoodCall Scholarship Engine is 100% free and open-access, meaning no personally identifiable information is required in order to use it. You can visit it by clicking the logo or by clicking here.
Here's where you can start!
1. Fill out an “About your Book” form to organize your thoughts
on the book you want to make a book trailer about. You must
choose a grade-appropriate book to receive credit.
2. Go to www.animoto.com and set up a FREE Animoto account.
There is no need to pay for one, because you only need to
make a short book trailer.
3. Choose the Animoto style you will use for your video and click
the corresponding box.
4. Go through the list of songs, and choose a song that will play
in the background of your book trailer. You can also upload a song
of your own from your computer if you want.
The only rule is that the song must be appropriate:
NO inappropriate language.
5. Go to an image site and choose images that go well with your
Your goal is to get a preview of the book in mini-movie form,
so choose images that represent what the book is about.
You can use Google Images, Flickr, or even images off of your
Facebook. Follow the directions on Animoto on how to get the
images into your book trailer.
6. Add some text to your trailer. You don’t need to write a lot.
Break down the text so that it goes well with your images.
Combine the text and images so that other people will want to
read the book.
7. Arrange the text and photo slides the way that you want them
to appear in the movie.
You will see a small thumbnail of each picture and text; you
can move these around to get everything in the order you need.
8. Save your video! (This takes a few minutes)
9. After watching your video to make sure everything is complete, email
it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also need to send or bring in a copy of your “About your Book”
form to get credit for your hours.
10. Come to the Bellwood Public Library and have a Youth Services
staff member sign your volunteer hours sheet. Congrats!
Double click on the book trailer below to view a sample of Ms. Ellen's book trailer. Be ready to create your own! You can gain up to 4 hours of community service hours.