Job Openings At Bellwood Public Library
Now Hiring: Reference Librarian, Part Time
Job Description: Part-time position providing reference and reader’s advisory . Under the direction of the Head of Adult Services:
• Planning and marketing programming for adults
• Answering reference and reader’s advisory questions
• Providing bibliographic instruction and training on use of library’s catalog and online databases to patrons at point-of-use
• Performing collection development in assigned areas of Non-fiction and Fiction
• Classifying materials according to DDC
Hours: Part Time, 29.75 hours per week; some evenings and Saturdays.
Requirements: • ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science
• Extensive knowledge of bibliographic tools, reference resources (print & electronic)
• Customer service experience
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Strong technology skills
• Willingness to work flexible schedule as needed by the library, including some evenings and Saturdays.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
• Spanish-speaking a plus.
Submit resume, references and application to:
Kristin Schultz, Head of Adult Services