Hotspot Lending Policy
- Hotspots may be borrowed by resident Library card holders ages 18 and older in good standing. Each time borrowers must show a photo ID (driver’s license or state ID.)
- The loan period is seven days (7) No renewals.
- A cash only deposit of $20.00 will be collected at the time of checkout.
- Hotspots must be returned in person with all parts including case and lid. Use of the Bookdrops, either outdoor or indoor, will result in the loss of the deposit. Deposit will be returned if the hotspot is returned in complete working order.
- Fines for unreturned hotspots are $2.00 per day, not counting days the Library is closed. An “on time” return is defined as a hotspot that is returned prior to closing on the seventh (7th) day of checkout. Fines will be deducted from cash deposit.
- The borrower assumes full responsibility for the cost of repair or replacement in the event that the hotspot is lost, stolen or damaged. The Library’s IT Department will assess technological issues and charge the borrower accordingly. Missing parts will result in the following deduction from the deposit:
- Missing hotspot: $20.00
- Missing USB cable $ 5.00
- Missing adapter $ 5.00
- Missing Container (either or both parts) $ 5.00
If the hotspot is not returned, its wireless service will be discontinued. The hotspot will be unusable, deposit will be forfeited and borrower will be charged for the cost of replacement.